- Coschedule's Headline Analyzer - You can put your headline or post title in the box and it gives you a score. Then you play around adding and taking away words until you get a great score and use that as your post title!
- Color picker - This really is cool. It's a chrome extension that gives you the hex code of any color you pick on the screen. It was a lot of help when I changed the color scheme of my blog design a few months ago.
- Canva & Picmonkey - These are both on line, free photo editing tools. You can pay for more features, but I use the cheap version of both. I usually edit my images and make collages in Picmonkey and then create pinable graphics using those images in Canva.
- Social Media - This one is probably a dead giveaway, but since I've stepped up my social media game, I've gotten so much more traffic to my blog. I use Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Snapchat. And I love each one of them for different reasons!
- Stock Photos - I get most of mine from Pexels, Pixabay, and StockSnap which are all free of charge and free or royalties. This means you can download, alter, and use the images without any copyright issues and you don't even have to link back. Also, all three of these sites have search capability which is a big help for me. Not all stock photo sites have that.
- Google Drive - I take pictures on my Android phone. And I blog (mostly) on my Chromebook. But sometimes I blog on my work laptop (gasp). I can access all my pictures and other files from any of these devices.
- Click to Tweet - This is such a cool took that I've only discovered recently. You can put a tweet into the box and create a link so all your readers have to do is click on a link (usually with the words "click to tweet") and they're taken directly to a page to tweet from.
Hardware (these are all affiliate links and you can find all these products in my Amazon Store)
- Tripod(s) and a universal smartphone mount - I have a 50 inch aluminum tripod that came with a smartphone mount, but the smart phone mount broke so I ordered this one. I also have an octopus tripod similar to this one that Pearson gave me several years ago along with an point-and-shoot that I don't use anymore. It's pretty convenient too.
- White Poster Board - I use this in a lot of my pictures of items.
- White Fuzzy Blanket - I also use this in pictures.
- Chromebook and Android Phone - Of course other computers and phones work too, but I really like how much the Chromebook can do for the price point and I've always been an Android person. The fact that they work together so well (and they work with blogger) is an added bonus.
- Wood Patio Fence and Table - Of course not everybody has an awesome wood wall around their patio, but I do and it's pretty fantastic. We also have a wood table on the patio which is great for flat-lays.
What resources have you found that help with blogging?
Thanks for reading!
Meet my awesome sponsor, Brita, from BelleBrita.com! You may recognizer her from my Thankful Thursday posts this month. She is co-hosting with me every week in November! Side note: It was her idea to host the link up every Thursday in November instead of just the last one like usual. How awesome is that?
|Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest // Tumblr // Google+|
Bonjour, y'all! My name is Brita (bree-tuh) Long (do NOT call me Mrs. Fleck), and I run the Christian feminist lifestyle blog Belle Brita. Since finishing college in 2009, I’ve lived in 10 apartments or houses in 8 cities in 3 countries (not counting all the times my parents let me crash with them). One fateful summer, I interned in Columbus for a whole 11 weeks and met my husband through OKCupid. Our life together has had its ups and downs, but our relationship has always stayed strong. At Belle Brita, you can read all about our marriage, our challenges in life, our travels, and so much more!I've asked her some questions so you can get to know her a little better...
- What are you looking forward to most this Holiday season? This Christmas will be bittersweet for my family. I am very much looking forward to my husband and I spending time with my dad, my two brothers, and my sister-in-law. Not only will this be the first Christmas we've all spent together since 2012, but it will also be my husband's first Christmas in my hometown! I can't wait to introduce him to our family traditions. That said, it will be the first Christmas without my mom, who died in July. December has always been a joyous month for my family. My mom's birthday and my parents' wedding anniversary is December 13. I feel sad and weird about celebrating the holidays without her.
- What is your cure for Blogger’s Block? When I get Blogger's Block, I do one of two things. I either take a short blogging break in order to regroup, or I write a fluff post. Most of my blog posts are long and detailed, with at least some outside sources. Long blog posts require creativity and dedication, which Blogger's Block can totally zap. So I write a fluff post on an easy topic like fashion. Or I find a thematic monthly blog link-up (like Thankful Thursday!) and write on that topic.
- If you had a time machine, what is the first place in time that you would travel to? Time travel! This is such a fun question for a history nerd. I would love to attend the coronation of Queen Elizabeth I. Or meet my great-great-grandmother, who I've dubbed the Original Brita. She and her husband emigrated from Norway back in the 1890s. Ooh, it would be exciting to visit Washington D.C. when women finally got the right to vote.
Go tell Brita hi and check out these awesome posts while you're there!