This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MySmoothie #CollectiveBias
Side note- before moving to Ohio, I would have called this a peanut butter cup smoothie or something similar. But now, anything with chocolate and peanut butter in it is a buckeye.
Now that I have that explanation out of the way... If I'm being honest, I really wanted some buckeye ice cream that you can get at pretty much any ice cream place around here. But since I'm still working on the 21 Day Fix and I'm really trying to eat better, I decided to try a smoothie.
Of course I knew this smoothie would have peanut butter and I love that Jif™ Creamy Peanut Butter is gluten free and creamy and has the fresh roasted peanut taste I love.
Most smoothies I've been making lately have some kind of yogurt for protein and texture. Dannon Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt is made with only natural ingredients!
For the chocolate, I knew I wanted to use unsweetened cocoa powder because it doesn't have any sugar or artificial sweeteners. And I knew I wanted to sweeten it naturally with honey.
All that's left is the blender and a few other ingredients added mainly for texture.
If you don't have a blender or if you're looking to replace the one you got as a wedding gift many years ago, consider the Oster® Blend-N-Go® MyBlend®. You can just fill, blend & go!
Alright, alright get to the recipe already, right? Okay here you go!
- 1 Banana, Frozen
- Ice (optional - for a thicker smoothie)
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) Dannon Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk (can be any kind of dairy or non-dairy. Also add more or less to desired texture)
- Honey to taste (I used 1 Tablespoon but could have done with more)
- 1 Tablespoon Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- Place the frozen banana and ice (if you're using it) in the blender and blend or use a "crush ice" setting for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth. Be careful putting the yogurt in. When I plopped mine in there, it sent the cocoa powder flying everywhere
- Pour in a cute glass or mason jar and enjoy
Jif™ Creamy Peanut Butter and the Dannon Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt at your local Walmart along with all the other ingredients. Because, let's face it, there's not much you can't find at Walmart, am I right?
click here for an ibotta rebate to get $1.50 cash back on the combination of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter and Dannon Vanilla Yogurt.
Do you love peanut butter and chocolate like I do? What "better for you" smoothie creation would you make with Jif peanut butter and Dannon yogurt?
Thanks for reading!