This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThePerfectBreakFEAST #CollectiveBias
Guys. Cooking dinner every night is hard. With my new job, I'm going into the office every day and talking to people and I'm tired when I get home. Not to mention I often don't have any idea when Pearson will be home and most nights, he's home pretty late. That right there kills my motivation to cook.
But guys, I've found the solution: Breakfast for Dinner. Now before you click away, this recipe is going to be a fun little twist, I promise!
I love having breakfast for dinner for many reasons!
One being that it's quick. I don't even have to think about it until Pearson is home from work and we're still usually going to eat dinner at a decent time.
Two, it's easy. I don't need to consult a cook book. I don't need to get all fancy. And yet, I can put my own variations on it if I want.
And three, it's condusive to multiple cooks. Pearson likes to help in the kitchen as much as possible and I enjoy cooking together, but it's usually just not very practical for whatever we're making. But with breakfast for dinner, one of us can easily make the pancakes while the other scrambles the eggs or vice versa.
And a bonus reason would be that it's delicious. I mean, everybody likes breakfast food, right?
So now that I have you convinced that breakfast for dinner is like the best idea ever, let me present...
Breakfast TacosNow those are two of my favorite words in the English language, so you know putting them together is going to be awesome!
- Hungry Jack® Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Breakfast Sausage (or bacon or whatever meat you want)
- Jif® Flavored Spread (I used Cinnamon flavored)
- Hungry Jack® Syrup
- Taco holders
- Spray your griddle with non-stick spray and heat it up to ___degrees. OR heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over meadium-high heat.
- Mix the Hungry Jack® Pancake & Waffle Mix with water using the ratios indicated on the back of the box. For me and Pearson I started with the 6-8 pancake ratio but aparently I make bigger pancakes than they expected so I ended up using that amount of batter twice for 5 pancakes.
- Pour enough batter out onto the griddle or skillet to make large enough pancakes to serve as taco shells.
- While the pancakes are cooking, scramble some eggs and cook your meat. Pearson did this step while I made the pancakes.
- Take a pancake and spread some yummy Jif® Flavored Spread on it.
- Slightly fold the pancake and place it in the taco holder
- Fill the pancake with meat and eggs. I put two sausage links down end to end and covered them with eggs.
- Pour the delicious Hungry Jack® Syrup over the whole thing. I like less syrup on my pancakes so I just used a line or two like putting mustard on a hotdog, but you could go crazy.
- Pick up the taco with your hands and enjoy. And don't worry about the mess. You can clean up later!
Oh my goodness were these tacos to die for! They were so much better than I expected! The Hungry Jack pancake mix was the kind where you just add water so it was super easy but it still provided delicious, hearty pancakes! I'm excited to try it as a waffle next time! The Jif Spread privides protein with delicious, natural flavors, no GMO, and no gluten!
So basically, you can achieve a perfect, delicious, wholesome breakfast (or dinner, as it were) with Hungry Jack and Jif products. You can see these products demonstrated in Meijer stores on August 28th and September 4th. Also, right now Meijer has mPerks offers for all these great products: $0.75 off 1 Hungry Jack pancake & waffle mix, $0.75 off 1 Jif Flavored Spread, and $0.75 off 1 Hungry Jack syrup.
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media: