Has your family gone back yet? Does "back to school" affect you in your stage of life right now? I was almost quick to say that it doesn't affect us anymore, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it does have an effect. So I thought I'd compare "back to school" from the old days to today.
What back-to-school looked like then:
- An excuse to buy new clothes.
- Me getting super excited about school supplies.
- A new backpack every year.
- Getting to see my friends again after summer break.
- Meeting new teachers.
- High school football games.
- A normal routine again.
- No more lazy days at the pool.
- No more summer job.
What back-to-school looks like now:
- An excuse to buy new clothes because, why not?
- Me getting super excited about school supplies because all the new stuff is all over the stores this time of year! But now, I limit myself.
- Cold weather coming soon. Boo Ohio.
- Football season starting soon.
- Pearson has to TA again (teaching assistant) so he will be even busier than he has been.
- The students come back to OSU campus so he has a hard time finding a parking spot.
- Playing Pokemon Go on campus will be more difficult.
- All the students will come back to church and we will be even more full on Sunday mornings. I don't know where we're going to put everybody.
- Fighting school traffic on the way to work in the morning.
Back to school season is far less exciting now than it used to be. Oh well. I'm going to make the most of it anyway.
How has your "back to school" season changed over the years?
P.S. Go check out my Back to School Round Up Post over on Love, Pasta, and a Toolbelt today!
Follow me on social media: