I have a lot to be thankful for this month and I think I can attribute most of it to The Music Man. If you haven't heard, I'm in a community theatre production of The Music Man and it's taking over my summer. In a good way.
I've certainly gained some confidence. I had didn't think for a second that they would want me in this show. Much less, give me the part I wanted. I haven't sung in a chorus since high school and hadn't been in a musical since middle school. I get more and more confident with every rehearsal as I'm assigned extra lines and singing parts and when the director tells me she "loved my facial expression just now." Y'all, I'm eating this up.
I am certainly in my element. I've always loved musical theatre and I've always wanted to get involved. I've just always had insecurities holding me back. If you know me personally, this is probably a surprise because I am very introverted and can be shy and reserved, but I love exploring a character and pretending to be someone else for a short while. This is part of why I love Halloween so much.
So this month, I am thankful for Worthington Community Theatre's production of The Music Man.
What are you thankful for this month? Be sure to link up below!
Thanks for reading!
We have so much to be thankful for and a lot of us take that for granted. Lets change that! I bring you the #ThankfulThursdayParty linkup with Charlene @ From Bisons to Buckeyes where we can write about what we are thankful for and link up on the last Thursday of every month. I would love to have you and can't wait to see what you're thankful for in your life!
- If you're interested in co-hosting, please send an email to Charlenemarie11@gmail.com.
- Also, if you aren't getting my email reminders about this link up and would like to, please let me know in the comments or send me an email for that as well.
- Follow your host
- Link up your Thankful Thursday Party post, NOT your blog URL
- Use the hashtag #ThankfulThursdayParty when you share on social media
- Grab the button and display it on your blog so others can join the party