Well folks, it's time for another Love Language post! If you've missed them, the last 3 Fridays I wrote about ways to show love to your spouse through different Love Languages based on Gary Chapman's book. The last three weeks I've talked about Physical Touch, Quality Time, and Words of Affirmation. Today, I bring you ideas to show love to your spouse through Gifts.
- Pick a random day and shower him with "just because" gifts throughout the day. Leave his favorite treat by his coat in the morning, send her flowers to work in the afternoon, and give him something special in the evening.
- Keep a list of gift ideas. I have a private board on Pinterest and a private gift list on Amazon. Also, make a not of everything he mentions that he likes.
- A lot of times, someone who's primary love language is receiving gifts values quantity over quality of a gift. Sure a big elaborate and expensive gift is great, but sometimes a single flower or candy bar on a random day "just because" can have a similar effect because it means you were thinking about them.
- If you don't already know, learn his favorite, food, drink, candy bar, color etc. and use that knowledge.
- Spoil him for his birthday but make it last the whole week. Give him something every night.
- Or give him a gift to open each hour on his birthday.
- Make him something small like a homemade card. Be creative and use Pinterest as your guide.
- Make him something that takes a little more time and preparation like a something you make in a pottery or painting class.
- Bake him cookies with the promise that are all his. You and the kids can't have ANY.
- Give a gift of something you can enjoy together. Movie tickets, a vacation getaway, amusement park passes.
Do you have any ideas to show love through gifts?
Thanks for reading and be sure to come back next Friday for ideas to love your spouse through Acts of Service!