My break was much needed. Not only did I need to get my thoughts together, I also needed to not worry about the blog while I was so busy with traveling and rehearsing for my show. I needed to focus as much as possible on myself and our relationship.
Now, things are far from fixed, but I miss blogging. I think blogging again will help with a lot of things. I love writing and I miss writing. So, I'm starting today, on December 1st, with a monthly goals post. I'm not going to write about my progress from last month because I didn't do anything. I'm starting fresh in the last month of the year and maybe it will help me get a jump start on resolutions for 2017. Oh! And I'm going to start listing my goals via bullet points like Brita. I think just that little change will help me stay on track.
Word of the Year ("present"):
- Stay organized and ahead with Christmas shopping and blogging so that I can be present in the season.
- Do something "Christmasy" with Pearson every day. Even if it's just enjoying hot chocolate together in the evening with Christmas music in the background.
- Complete this year's She Reads Truth Advent Study.
- Pray with Pearson before bed every night.
- Drink 80+ ounces of water every day.
- Get moving at least 4 days per week. (Beach body workouts, Blogilates workouts, walk/jog/run/elliptical for more than 15 minutes. Anything less doesn't count)
- Limit sweets to one per day, if that.
- Only eat one plate of food at all Holiday celebrations. No seconds. Period.
Mental (affiliate links):
- Finish My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- Finish Dangerous Women edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois.
- Read Experience Christmas: Preparing Your Heart for the Manger Through the Stories and Songs of the Season by Christine Trevino (free on Kindle through tomorrow!)
- Do all of our Christmas traditions (in addition to our daily "something Christmasy" from above):
- Decorate our tree and sleep in the living room under the tree.
- Bake and decorate cookies.
- Drive around looking at lights.
- Go shopping at Easton.
- Go to Wild Lights at the Columbus Zoo.
- Publish at least 2 posts per week.
- Share my old Holiday posts on social media.
- Schedule all blog posts and social media through our vacation before we leave (we will be gone from December 21st through January 2nd visiting Pearson's family, my family, and our friends from college).
- Take initiative and look for work when there isn't anything instead of wasting time.
Follow me on social media: